My day on the Stennis

By Kelvin Rodeo
So yesterday, pretty much all day, I was on the USS John C Stennis. I came on board and Cole found me, so I followed him around until he found the mag rover, then we went to his berthing and chilled in there for a while and I met some of his co-workers down in G3. Then, he took me with him when he went to do his rove as the next mag rover and he took me on a tour of some of the areas of the ship, which was pretty cool. I got to walk out on the flight deck for the first time.... It didn't seem as big as I thought it would be, though. Then he took me to this place where some of the weapons were and I suddenly remembered my life as an FC (student) because I saw some CIWS stuff. It was cool. I also went right up to the 74 and got to touch the bulbs (lol). So after we did his rove, we went back to his berthing and chilled in there for a while. Then everyone said they were hungry so Cole wanted to get some pizza but we couldn't find the number for the pizza parlor so what ended up happening is I went out and walked all the way from our ship to the pizza parlor across base (yeah, it was pretty far away) and I ordered the pizzas they all wanted, sat and waited, and then I carried all three large boxes of pizza all the way back to the ship. It was kinda funny cuz I was getting all kinds of looks from everyone that drove past me. So anyway I got on the ship and back into Cole's berthing and we started eating cuz we were all hungry. So I hung out with Cole and his co-workers all day in their berthing when i wasn't tagging along with Cole on his roves. It was a pretty cool day. I had to leave eventually though because their LPO came in and was kinda looking at me with a "WTF" kind of look so Cole took me outta there and I followed him on his final rove of the day, and then we said bye to each other and I went ashore.... My ship's gonna be out to sea until the 14th so I won't see him for 9 days but when they do come back it'll be awesome cuz they'll be in port for FOUR DAYS!!! So we can't wait for that day cuz it's gonna be badass.... we're probably gonna end up getting a motel or something in the gaslamp district and then just chill and find cool stuff to do... So yeah, that was my day yesterday.... it was pretty fun, but maaaaaaaan was I tired after all that walking..... haha.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?