Finally out....

By Kelvin Rodeo
So, after almost 14 months of having to put up with training command bullshit, I am finally getting out of the training phase of my Naval career and I am moving on to the "real" Navy. It's pretty exciting, really. I graduate from C school today and then I check out of CNATTU North Island and then I ride back home with Tom, since he lives in LA County as well. I come back down here on Saturday evening and I check in to the USS John C. Stennis, CVN-74 to begin my sea duty. We go underway soon after that.

I can't wait to finally see what real Navy life is like, I came aboard last night and got to see my shop, AIMD/IM-4 and I met a couple of senior AS personnel in my division and they all seemed pretty chill so I can't wait to see how everything will turn out. I also got to see my berthing and I got to choose a rack. I chose one of the top racks that had an outlet right next to it because the AS3 that was showing me around suggested it and he said it was an excellent rack to be in because you can sit up AND you have an outlet right next to you.

So my ship pulled in on Wednesday and I've hung out with Cole pretty much every day since then. But I'm not complaining, mind you. It's just weird cuz uhhhhhhh i'm partially asleep as i'm writing this so if I go on a tangent about something or if I just start to not make any sense you'll know any. I think I will really have to go to bed now cuz i'm too sleepy and i'm falling asleep.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?