So here's what's up.

By Kelvin Rodeo
I am finally home in Glendale. I'm on leave right now, and after this I'm going down to San Diego for C school. Yes, you read right--I FINALLY graduated from A school. I graduated on August 21, about a month before my one year anniversary in the Navy. I'd say it's about damn time, too. I've been spending some time trying to find and reconnect with people from my division, and I recently found out that I actually wasn't the last person in my division to finish A school. I didn't realize that there were so many submariners in my division, but the submariners are still in A school right now and they finish up this month.

So anyway, it feels GREAT to be out and on my way to the real fleet; being stuck in training commands for a whole year kinda takes its toll on you after a while. Having to deal with all that bullshit for a whole year really just degrades you and demotivates you.... I came into the Navy a shit hot sailor, and I left A school with an attitude of "I could care less...". Of course, that's all gonna change again once I get down to San Diego. I really can't wait to get down there, cuz I have a TON of friends over there.... Yes, it is a HUGE area, and yes, everyone i know is kinda spread out through all the bases down there, but nothing is too far away cuz everyone is in that one big military concentrated area.

I'm also pretty excited cuz my ship, the USS John C. Stennis, is coming down to San Diego as well, which means I'll be seeing BJ and Cole pretty soon... hooyah!! Ahhhh it's gonna be so much fun.... I can't wait!!!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?