Happy Anniversary, and seeing the USS John C Stennis for the first time...

By Kelvin Rodeo
So I finally hit my one year mark in the Navy last Saturday, just one day after I turned 19. I celebrated it (anniversary and birthday) with Stewart and a bunch of his friends, and on friday night we found out that a couple of his friends had also gone to boot camp on the same day and had graduated with us on the same day so it ended up being a big party for all of us i guess. The party was fun and I ended up staying until around noon on saturday.

Then I found out that the Stennis had just pulled into port because this girl i knew from att up in great lakes came to the party and was telling us that she just got off the ship, so I got excited and I called Cole as soon as I found out and he got all worked up and told me that i needed to go meet up with him, so I did. It was awesome seeing him again after 3 months, and we hung out at sea world and a hookah bar downtown and i went with him to get his first tattoo ever, and it was just all a whole lotta fun. And then we went to In n Out because he had never been to one before, and then it was time for him to go back to the ship cuz liberty was about to expire so we went back on base and i walked with him all the way back to the ship.... it was a very long walk, indeed. we had to walk all the way from the front gate cuz the cab we took couldn't go inside. But it was fun and I got to see my ship for the first time, which was awesome.

So anyway, life here in San Diego is alright; it just kinda sucks cuz I'm always bored.... it is pretty boring down here if you don't have a car cuz you can't really go anywhere down here without a car....

well that's all for now; see you all later....
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?