The Five-day 4th of July weekend...

By Kelvin Rodeo
so I was originally planning on going up to VA to visit Mike and Eve since I wasn't able to make it to their wedding, but that plan fell through cuz they decided that they were gonna go down to Tampa with one of Mike's coworkers... So then my plan changed into wanting to go down to Tampa but I ran out of time and money and I couldn't put my chit in.... and then I was abruptly reminded that I had duty on Sunday so I would have had to have been back by sunday morning anyway, which further complicated things....

so I ended up staying down here in beautiful Pensacola, Florida over this 5 day weekend.... bored outta my mind for some of it; having the time of my life through other parts of it; and trying to concentrate on school for the rest of it. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I mean aside from the fact that pretty much all my friends, sailor and marine alike, were gone for the weekend so I had no one real close to me to hang out with, I really actually had fun.

It was so fun I can't even remember everything that happened over the weekend.... What I do remember, though, is that I was chilling with Cole a lot and we were playing Rock Band and just getting our fingers and wrists all cramped up and shit.... haha. But yeah Cole bought a shitload of food over the weekend for us to share and stuff until he leaves.... damn, he's leaving in like a week.... that sucks soooooo bad.

On Friday Quinn and I finally had that sushi dinner that we had been planning to have since the day we got down here... it was pretty good food, and we spent a lot of money... If only we had seen the sign on the door that said "All you can eat sushi---$19.97" It definitely would have saved us a ton of money.... hahaha.

But yeah, I must admit, it felt kinda weird not hanging out with any of my marine buddies this weekend... I guess I kinda got too used to chilling with them over the weekends... God, I really shouldn't be getting close to anyone anymore... Cuz the same shit happens every time; it's the never ending cycle of life... people come and people go... Just like Porzio left.... and just like Paulsen is going to leave soon.... oh well.... You'd think after happening to me so many times already I'd be used to it by now but no.... It still gets me every time.... oh well.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?