Here's what's up.

By Kelvin Rodeo
I finally got my orders yesterday (10th). I'm leaving great lakes on saturday and flying down to pensacola. I'm going through a mix of emotions right now and it sucks. I mean everyone here hates this place and we all complain and say how much we wanna get off.... but in the end, when you finally get your orders, you end up wishing you could stay longer.... not because you'll miss being here, but because you'll miss the people here.

Yeah, I've been here for about 5 months now, and I've made so many friends here it's ridiculous. I am going to miss every single one of them. Hell, if I could take them all with me down to Pensacola I'd be set. Unfortunately, life isn't that convenient. And so, I have to move down there all by myself and I have to start over and make new friends. I mean I have friends over there right now, but still, it just won't be the same anymore. And as much as I would love to keep in touch with all these people here, I know it won't happen. Because that has been my big problem with moving far away from friends; I can't ever seem to keep in touch with them for extended periods of time. Sometimes I'd keep in touch, then lose contact for a while, then start talking up again, then lose contact, and the cycle would just continue on like that...

And then other times I keep in touch for a while and then completely just stop one day for no reason and everything just fades away into a distant memory... and I definitely don't want that to happen with some of the people here... but unfortunately I know it's more than likely to happen with a few people... It kinda sucks thinking about it. I'm really gonna miss my friends here. A lot.

I'm gonna miss the people from my boot camp division, first of all, because i've been with them from the start. I'm gonna miss Roach and Fisher because those two have been my best friends here in these past few weeks. I'm gonna miss Stuessy because he was my best friend here for quite some time since I was in the Franklin. I'm gonna miss Sandoval just 'cause he's a cool ass mothafucka and he's hella chill (lol). I'm gonna miss Schreiber because, well, he's...Schreiber. lol. I'm gonna miss my little duty section leadership crew cuz they were all real chill people and they were always fun to hang out with. Fuck man, I hate this part of leaving. It's always the worst part.

Oh well. I'll survive, I guess. Just like I always have. Peace out yo. Goodbye Great Lakes, Hello Pensacola!!!!

....in two days.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?