Nope, not this time.

Category: , , , , , By Kelvin Rodeo

SO..... looks like I'll be spending another six months as an E-3.... which will bring my grand total up to... 2 years and six months. *sigh* I hate this shit. Stupid Navy.... that's another six months of being shit on all the time, for those of you who don't know what the life of a non-NCO in today's military is like. I think the part that depresses me the most is that I know people who were my classmates and friends in FC A school who are now either FC2s or senior FC3s at their commands.... and hell, my buddy Mike, who i was in DEP and MEPS and boot camp with, just picked up YN2 with this cycle.... I mean don't get me wrong, yay for them I'm happy for them all but wow how unlucky and unfortunate do I have to be to keep getting screwed outta picking up Third? Like, Seriously?!? SO for those of you who don't know my little Navy bullshit story of how I am STILL an E-3 after over two years, here it is:






  • My initial dreams for the Navy were shattered when I got dropped from FC A school for not being able to keep up in a "self-paced course"... with that, I lost my pushbutton Third Class, and that is what I consider to be the first time i got fucked out of PO3...





  • Then, when I was about to graduate from AS A school, it was around the time of the next exam... or at least people were getting ready for it and signing worksheets and shit.... and me and a couple of my classmates who were also up for Third kept asking the schoolhouse and bugging them about the exam but all they said was that we had to wait till we graduated since they didn't know if we were really going to graduate and become rated ASs... so when we finally hit graduation we asked about it and they said that it was too late, and that we wouldn't have been able to take it anyway since we were just students.... (which, of course, was total and complete bullshit, because every other schoolhouse was practically forcing their eligible students to go out and take the exam) and so, that was the second time that I got fucked out of PO3 (also, I found out later on that when my LPO was the LPO of the schoolhouse, he used to write special evals all the time for students who were up to take the exam... so he called bullshit on that whole episode too)





  • Next, I was on my ship already and the exams were coming up, and then my division wrote me an eval and gave me a P. Everyone who's anyone in the navy KNOWS that a P won't get you anywhere when it comes to the exams. But my division said that I only got a P because it was a special eval since I hadn't been there long enough (I had been there for 4 months when the exam came along)... when the results came out, obviously I didn't make it, and upon reviewing my worksheet with my supervisor, he said that if they had given me an MP instead of a P, I would have made it. (I later found out [which pisses me off even more] that one of the new girls in my shop who just got here right before this last cycle [204] was given an MP by the division, even though she had only been there for like a month and a half! Ain't that some bullshit....





  • And then obviously, this last time I got fucked because I had to take the exam after being TAD for almost 7 months (and because the conditions surrounding my TAD weren't so good, I chose to stay as far away from my division and the AS rate as possible), AND my division once again gave me a P. How the hell would they even KNOW how I have been performing in the past 6 months if I haven't been in the division? I just fail to understand how that works. Someone, PLEASE enlighten me. And this was the cycle that the new chick in the shop got an MP. She said they gave her an MP because they wanted her to have a chance. So WTF? Did they just hate me so much and want to fuck me over that bad that they DIDN'T want me to have a chance? WOW what kind of bullshit is THAT?!?


God, I hate my life. The navy sucks and it's full of bullshit.... and now because of all the navy bullshit that I have had to endure, I must spend another 6 months of dealing with being shit on all the time since I'm just a measly worthless little E-3 who doesn't know shit. Oh well. /rant


*sigh* It's just one of those really shitty days, I guess. Oh well. Time for me to live up to my sailor nature and drink my sorrows away... hehe



 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?