It has been a while, indeed.

By Kelvin Rodeo

So as I'm writing this, it is 0817 on Wedneesday, July 29th, 2009. I got back from a 6 month deployment about 3 weeks ago, and nothing in Bremerton has changed. It's still the same old boring as place that it was before we had left. Well, there is one difference I guess. there's 6000 people here instead of just 3000, because the Lincoln is here in the yards for repairs and shit. I'm still working down on the messdecks. It's not so bad anymore though, I'm pretty much in charge now and everyone else listens to what I say because I am the most senior FSA on the messdecks for night check (for the whole messdecks crew, I come in 3rd place, right after the two guys who are de-nuked so they're there forever anyway and they don't count, lol). Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I hold the keys, I'm in charge of everyone, and I get to take long ass breaks during my work day. Awesome.


Bremerton is still pretty boring. All I've been doing these past couple of days is sitting in my barracks room playing WoW, watching True Blood/Dollhouse/some movie, or reading a book. I've only gone to Seattle once since i've been back. A shame, really. I should be going more often. I think I'm going to plan a trip over there this weekend. See whatever catches my eye, you know?


I hate being on that ship. It's boring and lonely. I don't wanna go back unless I absolutely have to, like on the days when I have to go to work. Other than that I pretty much stay as far away from that big floating chunk of metal as possible. Unfortunately, though, I will have to return tonight because my duty section is working tonight and tomorrow night. It's not bad or anything, it's just so boring. Midrats is a complete joke, and we shouldn't have it when we're in port. Hardly anyone ever eats anyway; we're lucky if we get like 50 people. Usually the numbers don't go past 30. The time and effort it takes for all of us to set up for midrats just isn't worth 30 people, you know?


Well that's all for me I guess. I'm sleepy.... time for bed.



 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?